PLEASE VOLUNTEER! HELP THE BAY COUNTY CONSERVANCY SAVE OPEN SPACE, WETLANDS, AND WILDLIFE HABITAT. VOLUNTEERS WORK TOGETHER TO:
- Control exotic plants that destroy native vegetation
- Build or maintain walkways, information boards, trails, seating areas
- Increase the number of birdhouses: build, repair, help acquire
- Promote public visits to the properties. Lead trail walks
- Clean up litter from preserves and along adjacent roadways
- Maintain information signs and kiosks
SPECIFIC VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE IS SOMETIMES NEEDED. CAN YOU HELP – OR DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN?
- Realtor: to help identify appropriate properties
- Surveyor: to mark boundary lines when BCC acquires property
- Investment Counselor: to join the Investment Committee
- Local Fundraising Director: click here for details
- Public Relations: click here for details
- Property Monitor: click here for details
- Host: an occasional gathering for members or prospective members
WORK PARTIES – EXOTIC PLANT REMOVAL PROGRAM
Volunteers are often needed to help remove the invasive nuisance plants that crowd out our native species on some BCC preserves. Many of these work events occur on Saturday morning. In most cases, gloves, closed-toe shoes or boots, bug spray, hats and sunscreen are recommended. Volunteers help pull small popcorn trees, gather invasive air potatoes, clear vines, etc.
If you would like to receive occasional email notifications about upcoming work days, click here.
Click here to read general information about Exotics Control work.